Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Gift for You




I remember very well a day many years ago, things had not been going well for me. I took my complaints to a few close friends and all seemed far more interested in their own lives than the difficulties I was suffering. It was never in me to suffer in silence and so I persisted until I was out of acquaintances to beleaguer with my woes.
The level of interest in me waning with each encounter, I happened upon a stranger who seemed  attuned to my importance and so I approached him with my story. He listened with great interest and so I was much encouraged to wax on with great passion for the inadequacies in my life. His patience was remarkable and finally I had run my course and stopped to breathe in his pity. I shall never forget his words to me in my hour of need.

He said, looking at me with great intensity, "Go and do something nice for someone and don't get caught."

Wise words and you may use them with my blessing if you ever find yourself in similar circumstances.

Herb Ratliff, December 21, 2011 All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Wise words, Herb. I know this lesson, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY liked this one. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could do this. Sure would make everyone happy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: