Monday, April 2, 2012

Building Blocks

Thought For The Day




I have had the privilege of knowing a lot of interesting and inspirational people in my life. Some of them have managed to find a bit of notoriety and others are localized heroes, some are just important and famous to me, you might be one of those yourself. The people that have impressed me the most are those who have written or spoken about something that has great value and practiced it as well. More importantly they have interested me not because they sought my approval or support but because what they did attracted me to them because of the value of the way they lived and what I could learn from them by watching their actions.
There are many people I could spotlight but the man I am thinking of today was bit of a philosopher who made few predictions and gave little advice. The advice he did give was of great value and simple in it's premise.
All of us face difficulties and we have all tasted fear. There is no shame in bowing to the many headed monster of fear. It is what my friend said about that encounter that has stayed with me for many years. And here are his words:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow death, I will not build a condominium there.

Larry Ward, Architect, Philosopher, Dreamer


Herb Ratliff, April 2, 2012, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: