Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Morning

Thought For The Day






Wrapped in blankets, sheets and pillows In the morning's light 

when the warmth saved from your tumbles in the dream dance of the night

Turns your focus button slowly to the clock's face on the stand

Where the "must do" list is waiting for the movement of your hand

But, it's Monday shouts your worn out, tired, narcissistic self,

I don't want to, it's not fair, just another hour please, knock the clock right off the shelf

Then the world begins to quiver with the thought of getting up, but you know

That there's no hiding from job, the rent and the stuff that makes you go

So you climb out of your sleep nest and put feet upon the floor

And you walk into the kitchen, thinking, but there's something, something more

And to your great surprise, happy, joyous, whoops, I just forgot

That the work that I must go to is no more, I worketh not.

I'm inspired

cause

I'm retired.

©Herb Ratliff, February 13, 2012, All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: