Thursday, January 19, 2012

You Can't Go Home Again






Florida is a different animal. Even if you have lived here or do live here the essence of  "home" to me at least is lost in the shallow rooted feel of this sandy soil-less land. Dried black sooty muck from the glades wafts through the air like an uber dry fog that cannot find a place to stay. So like the part time residents, when it's out of substance it leaves.
There are parts of me that were born here and I feel the link to it's importance but there are no supporting members. 

The traffic is in the hands of the unwilling, unable and unnecessary and their approach to movement is erratic and  at times downright frightening. None of this is terribly important but a need for catharsis drove me to write this morning.
Live where you are keeps coming to mind. So I will stop complaining. I'm just uncomfortable I suppose and I know I'll get over it.

If I weren't here I'd be there and here, there and everywhere is a song from the musical mind of Paul McCartney so I think I will stop this and listen to music.



Herb Ratliff, January 19, 2012, All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. I've never even visited Florida so I can only imagine what you describe. Your post made me think of another Beatles song I love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HCaBAV4ZTI

    "Once there was a way to get back homeward . . ."

    ReplyDelete

Comments: