Friday, November 7, 2014

Pithy daily reminders

of mortality, humanity,

limitations and dreams

controlled by the 6 inches

between your ears.



Thought for the Day


Charley, my dog, has had his own sofa for years. Yes, I know. Yesterday his sofa was relegated to the great furniture resting place. It was very tired. I had no plan for its replacement only a sincere desire to find it another location. Charley is a bit disoriented now. I can see him mouthing, "where is it"?.
He has arthritis, so he couldn't get on it anyway, but it was a comfort to have close by in case something changed. Now he just circles looking for his couch.
I can relate. When I get rid of things that are not in my best interest to keep I imagine them in their old locations waiting for me to interact with them again. It's almost as if they never left. If I keep it up there's not really much point in pretending to say I let them go.


©Herb Ratliff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: